I found this Shrimp Fettuccine recipe on the internet, however, there was no credit given to the original author. If this is your recipe, please let me know so I can give you credit for your hard work in coming up with such a delicious dish!
Lemon Garlic Shrimp Fettuccine
- 8 ounces fettuccine
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 pound medium raw shrimp
- 6 garlic cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 1/2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup prepared pesto
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Step 1 Cook pasta as per directions
- Step 2 Melt 1 tablespoon butter with 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add shrimp, 4 minced garlic cloves, 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes, lemon zest, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Cook and stir for approximately 4 minutes or just until shrimp are opaque and cooked through. Scrape shrimp and garlic/juices to a plate. Chop off shrimp tails if you like and set aside,
- Step 3 Melt 2 tablespoons butter over medium heat, Add remaining 2 minced garlic cloves and saute 30 seconds. Sprinkle in flour and cook while stirring for 1 minute, then turn heat to low. Slowly whisk in chicken broth, heavy cream and pesto, stirring constantly until smooth.
- Step 4 Turn heat to medium high and bring the sauce to a simmer. Simmer until slightly thickened, stirring occasionally, approximate 3-5 minutes.
- Step 5 Reduce heat to low and stir in lemon juice. Stir in shrimp and pasta until well coated in sauce, adding additional reserved pasta water or heavy cream if needed to reach desired consistency.
- Step 6 Garnish with fresh parsley and lemon juice.