It’s summer so I try to use my oven as little as possible. You can either put this on the outdoor grill or broil for six minutes. We found the recipe in Cooking Lights “The Complete Quick Cook”. This honey-glazed salmon with asparagus is simple and delicious!
You can add complexity to the flavor of a dish that uses honey by selecting from any number of specialty honeys, wildflower to chestnut, thistle to eucalyptus.
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 1 tablespoons chopped fresh or 1 tsp dried thyme
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 4 (6-ounce) salmon fillets (about 1 inch thick)
- cooking spray
- Thyme sprigs (optional)
- Lemon wedges (optional)
- Step 1 Preheat grill or broiler
- Step 2 Combine first 6 ingredients in a small bowl.
- Step 3 Brush honey mixture over skinless side of fish
- Step 4 Place fish coated sides up, on grill rack or broiler pan coated with cooking spray
- Step 5 Cook six minutes or until desired degree of doneness
- Step 6 Garnish with thyme and lemon, if desired