Even though summer seems to be coming to a quick close, I’m still in the summer drink making mode. Today’s Raspberry-Thyme Smash as originally posted by Bon Appetit is excellent although powerful. This lightweight felt a buzz after the third sip. Not surprising since there is 1/4 cup of Gin in one glass.
- 2 fresh thyme sprigs, divided
- 7 fresh raspberries, divided
- ice cubes
- 1/4 cup Gin
- 2 tablespoons Simple Syrup
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- Step 1 Remove leaves from 1 thyme sprig
- Step 2 place i cocktail shaker.
- Step 3 Add 6 berries
- Step 4 mash with muddler or wooden spoon
- Step 5 Fill cocktail shaker with ice
- Step 6 Add Gin, Simple Syrup and lime juice
- Step 7 Cover, shake vigorously until cold
- Step 8 Strain into highball glass filled with ice.
- Step 9 Thread 1 – 3 raspberries onto remaining thyme spring, place on rim of glass
As a side note, when I went to get some thyme sprigs from my herb garden my thyme was dead so this photo is minus that one ingredient.